2019 Registration Fees:
Cyber Monday Single – $125 + imATHLETE fee of $12.19
Cyber Monday Tandem – $245 + imATHLETE fee of $19.38
Earlybird Single – $130 + imATHLETE fee of $12.63
Earlybird Tandem – $255 + imATHLETE fee of $20.12
Single – $140 + imATHLETE fee of $13.50
Tandem – $270 + imATHLETE fee of $21.23
Last Chance (6/27/19) – $160 + imATHLETE fee of $15.25
*Please see below for VIP information (additional fee applies)
imATHLETE fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable. Portions of the registration fees will be donated to volunteer groups and non-profit groups in Alpine County and for the use of the National Forest lands, road closures, law enforcement and infrastructure of the event. We will not be mailing your registration/liability form. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in.
Protect your Registration Fees:
Get reimbursed up to 100% of your registration fees if you can’t attend the event for a number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more. Upon check out during the registration process, you will be asked if you would like to purchase the insurance. Terms, conditions and exclusion will apply. Registration Protection Program: http://support.imathlete.com/customer/portal/articles/2734892-registration-protection-program
VIP Express Packet Pick-Up (Limit 50):
For $100.00 (additional fee payable to the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce), you will receive your bib/bike number before the event with no waiting in the registration line and exclusive VIP giveaways courtesy of the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce and our sponsors. VIP Express Packet Pick-up will take place at the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce, #3 Webster Street, Markleeville, CA from Tuesday, 07/09/19, Wednesday, 07/10/19 and Thursday, 07/11/19. Office hours are from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Friday, 07/12/19 starting at 8:00 am and Saturday 07/13/19 starting at 4:00 am, VIP Express Packet Pick Up will take place at a special VIP window at the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Office trailer located at Turtle Rock Park. PLEASE DON’T FORGET YOUR PHOTO ID.
Rider will have to notify us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 05/31/19 that they would like to sign up for VIP Express Packet Pick-Up. VISA or Mastercard payment only. No checks, cash, AMEX or Discover will be accepted. Bib number will be designated with a VIP sticker and rider will receive 2019 rider waterbottle, patch, tuf-map and giveaways (please see below for more details). VIP express packet pickup is non-refundable and non-transferable. VIP giveaways WILL NOT be mailed if not picked up during registration.
VIP Riders will receive:
- Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Tote Bag
- Event T-Shirt
- Commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt with registration (restrictions will apply)
- Sierra Nevada Beer Coupon (redeemable at the Expo)
- Visitors Guide
- County Map
- Bottle of Water
- Parking Pass
VIP giveaways are subject to change without notice. Bone Brigade T-Shirt restrictions: no exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no show.
Tandem registration is one bike with two riders. This is not a single or team registration. Both tandem riders are required to register in a single transaction and are to be paid with one credit card. It is recommended that tandem riders coordinate which of the two participants will perform the actual registration process. You must have the following information for your tandem partner to complete the registration process: name, address, date of birth, emergency contact name, and phone number, and email address.
Last Chance Registration:
We are no longer selling no-show spots on the day before the event. On 06/27/19 at 10:00am PST through imATHLETE, we will be selling a limited number of entries on a first come, first serve basis. Entry fee is $155 plus imATHLETE processing fee. We will not be mailing your registration/liability form. Your bib/bike numbers will be available for pick up at the Death Ride® office trailer located at Turtle Rock Park during the posted registration times. You must have your photo ID to register. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in.
- Commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt with registration (restrictions will apply)*
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Patch
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Water Bottle
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Five-Pass Finishers Pin (if course is completed)
- Giveaways from Sponsors at Bike Expo and on course
- Official Participant Numbers
- Highway Closures
- SAG, Tech & On Course Communication Support
- Medical Support
- Law Enforcement Support
- Food & Drink at Rest Stops
- Lunch (10:00am – 3:00pm)
*Bone Brigade T-Shirt restrictions: no exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no show.
Registration Through imATHLETE:
With imATHLETE, you do not need to have a login to register for the 2019 Tour of the California Alps-Death Ride®. You are able to register as a guest without creating an imATHLETE profile. If you have registered on imATHLETE in the past it is likely you already have an account. It is recommended that you go to www.imathlete.com and confirm your account credentials or setup a new account prior to the registration launch on 12/13/18 (earlybird pricing) and again on 01/14/19 at 10:00 am PST. The imATHLETE account will allow a smoother and quicker registration process with your personal information being repopulated on to the registration form.
Returning for the 2019 event, the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Office will allow you to transfer your registration to another rider until Friday, 05/03/19. The new rider will have until Monday, 05/06/19 to complete this process. Transfers are only allowed for single riders ONLY. Event to event transfers are not allowed (i.e. 2019 to 2020). There will be no exceptions once this date has passed. All other payments must be arranged and facilitated between the two riders. The transfer fee is $30.00. Registration fees and imATHLETE fees will NOT be refunded under any circumstances. Rider must log in to their registration account on the imATHLETE website. The participant who would like to transfer their registration to someone else will need to edit their registration. This can be done by going www.imathlete.com and entering your confirmation code. Rider will select the transfer option and enter the name and email address of the person they wish to transfer their registration to. Once you click submit, your registration will be cancelled from the system and will NOT be refunded. The new rider will receive an automated email from imATHLETE containing an invitation code and instructions for accessing the transfer class. The new rider will then fill out their information and pay the transfer fee of $30.00. The transfer is complete when they receive a confirmation receipt.
Unfortunately, it is becoming more and more costly for us to produce our event. We continue to have riders that dispute their credit card charges and receive refunds while not following our no refund and duplicate registration policy.
Please note, if you cannot adhere to the rules of the event and the road, we ask that you do not register for our event.
There will be NO REFUNDS under any circumstances, including, without limitation failure to participate in the Tour of the California Alps–Death Ride® event for any reason, or the cancellation or rerouting of the Tour of the California Alps-Death Ride® event due to reasons beyond the control of the producers of the Tour of the California Alps–Death Ride®. Some of our hard costs such as food, water, equipment and event permit fees occur months before the event and will be paid by the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce regardless if you show up or not.
Duplicate registrations will be canceled. Registration fees ARE NOT refundable. Please register carefully. If you are a Senior or Junior, please make that notation to avoid a duplicate registration and subject to cancellation.
Helpful Facts for Registration Process:
- imATHLETE Registration Link
- Once the maximum number of riders have processed online payment and all slots have been sold, then you will see an official notification that registration is “SOLD OUT”.
- VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover will be the only form of on-line payment accepted.
- Declined credit cards could decrease your chances for a confirmed spot. You will not be considered registered until your payment has been processed. Wait for the payment confirmed page, this may take a few minutes. Do not register again, this will be considered a duplicate and subject to cancellation and no refund. Check your credit card billing statement. This is your confirmation that you registration has been accepted.
- Any duplicates found in the system will be canceled and a refund will not be issued for any reason.
- Make sure that your email address will accept the confirmation email from imATHLETE. Spam filter and bulk mail filters have caused problems in the past with registration.
- Tandem registration is one bike with two riders. This is not a single or team registration. If you are registering in the tandem category please have the following information ready: tandem partner’s name, date of birth, emergency contact name and phone number and email address. These questions will be mandatory in order to complete a tandem registration.
- If someone else registers on your behalf you will receive an email confirmation with a private link to allow you to officially sign your event waiver online. ALL 2019 riders will be required to sign their online waivers prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your entry.
- If you register on behalf of someone else then you will need to provide the information listed below. To ensure their registration data is accurate, please gather this information prior to the registration launch on 12/13/18 (earlybird pricing) and again on 01/14/19 at 10:00 am PST: name, address, date of birth, emergency contact name, and phone number, email address and payment information.
- All riders 17 and under must be registered online by their legal parent or guardian. Minimum age requirement to participate in the event is 12 years of age.
- On 06/27/19 at 10:00am PST through imATHLETE, we will be selling a limited number of entries on a first come, first serve basis.
At Check-In/Registration, you will receive your rider packet which will include bib/bike numbers, a commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt (restrictions will apply, no exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no show), custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® patch, a Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® waterbottle and a Tuf Map. Additional rider giveaways will be available for pick up at sponsor/vendor booths during the bike expo on Friday and Saturday. Bags are not provided for giveaway items, be sure to bring your own. To check in all riders MUST provide a Photo ID. Please come prepared with your ID. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Registered Out Of Country Riders & Tandem Riders:
Please come prepared with your photo ID for check in. Your bib/bike numbers will be available for pick up at the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Office trailer located at Turtle Rock Park during the posted registration times. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Tandem riders must check-in together at the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Office trailer located at Turtle Rock Park during the posted registration times. If you are registered as a tandem you must ride a tandem bike. Tandems will receive one bike number.
Friday, 07/12/19 (11:00am – 7:00pm)
Check-In/registration is at Turtle Rock Park located on Hwy 89, just 2 miles north of Markleeville. Staff will not be available for emails, faxes or phone calls after 07/01/19.
Event Limited Saturday Morning Check-In:
Saturday, 07/13/19 (4:00am – 6:00am)
We will not add new riders the day of the event.
Check To See If You’re Registered:
A list will be available after each registration event at the following link:
This list will not be updated with ride groups, training camps, volunteer to ride participants, tech support, and sponsors. Your name will not appear if you check the box on the registration form informing us not to include your name on the website.
Note to Riders:
The Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the entry fee, to refuse admission to or eject any person(s) whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, who language is vulgar or who fails to comply with these or other event rules. Any violation of these rules by riders will result in removal from the event and any future events.