imATHLETE fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable. Portions of the registration fees will be donated to volunteer groups and non-profit groups in Alpine County and for the use of the National Forest lands, road closures, law enforcement and infrastructure of the event. We will not be mailing your registration/liability form. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in.
Protect your Registration Fees:
Get reimbursed up to 100% of your registration fees if you can’t attend the event for a number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents and more. Upon check out during the registration process, you will be asked if you would like to purchase the insurance. Terms, conditions and exclusion will apply. Registration Protection Program: http://support.imathlete.com/customer/portal/articles/2734892-registration-protection-program
VIP Express Packet Pick-Up (Limit 50):
For $100.00 (additional fee payable to the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce), you will receive your bib/bike number before the event with no waiting in the registration line and exclusive VIP giveaways courtesy of the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce and our sponsors. VIP Express Packet Pick-up will take place at the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce, #3 Webster Street, Markleeville, CA from Tuesday, 07/07/20, Wednesday, 07/08/20 and Thursday, 07/09/20. Office hours are from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Friday, 07/10/20 starting at 8:00 am and Saturday 07/11/20 starting at 4:00 am, VIP Express Packet Pick Up will take place at Turtle Rock Park. PLEASE DON’T FORGET YOUR PHOTO ID.
Rider will have to notify us via email (email@example.com) no later than 05/31/20 that they would like to sign up for VIP Express Packet Pick-Up. VISA or Mastercard payment only. No checks, cash, AMEX or Discover will be accepted. Bib number will be designated with a VIP sticker and rider will receive 2020 rider waterbottle, patch, tuf-map and giveaways (please see below for more details). VIP express packet pickup is non-refundable and non-transferable. VIP giveaways WILL NOT be mailed if not picked up during registration.
VIP Riders will receive:
- Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Tote Bag
- 40th Anniversary Death Ride Ball Cap
- Commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt with registration (restrictions will apply)
- Complimentary Beer Coupon (redeemable at the Expo)
- Alpine County Visitors Guide
- County Map
- Bottle of Water
- Parking Pass
VIP giveaways are subject to change without notice. Bone Brigade T-Shirt restrictions: No exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no show. Complimentary beer coupons are only for riders age 21 and over.
Tandem registration is one bike with two riders. Both tandem riders are required to register as individual riders, and both riders must wear their bib. Riders will not be allowed to check in for eachother; each rider is required to check in individually.
- Commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt OR complimentary beer coupon (restrictions apply)*
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Patch
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Water Bottle
- Custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Finishers Pin (if course is completed)
- Giveaways from Sponsors at Bike Expo and on course
- Official Participant Numbers
- Highway Closures
- SAG, Tech & On Course Communication Support
- Medical Support
- Law Enforcement Support
- Food & Drink at Rest Stops
- Lunch (10:00am – 3:00pm)
*Bone Brigade T-Shirt restrictions: no exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no show. Only riders age 21 and over can receive the complimentary beer ticket.
Registration Through imATHLETE:CLICK TO REGISTER ONLINE NOW
With imATHLETE, you do not need to have a login to register for the 2020 Tour of the California Alps-Death Ride®. You are able to register as a guest without creating an imATHLETE profile. If you have registered on imATHLETE in the past it is likely you already have an account. It is recommended that you go to www.imathlete.com and confirm your account credentials or setup a new account prior to your registration. The imATHLETE account will allow a smoother and quicker registration process with your personal information being repopulated on to the registration form.
Returning for the 2020 event, the Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® Office will allow you to transfer your registration to another rider until Friday, 05/08/20. The new rider will have until Monday, 05/11/20 to complete this process. Event to event transfers are not allowed (i.e. 2019 to 2020). There will be no exceptions once this date has passed. All other payments must be arranged and facilitated between the two riders. The transfer fee is $30.00. Registration fees and imATHLETE fees will NOT be refunded under any circumstances. Rider must log in to their registration account on the imATHLETE website. The participant who would like to transfer their registration to someone else will need to edit their registration. This can be done by going www.imathlete.com and entering your confirmation code. Rider will select the transfer option and enter the name and email address of the person they wish to transfer their registration to. Once you click submit, your registration will be cancelled from the system and will NOT be refunded. The new rider will receive an automated email from imATHLETE containing an invitation code and instructions for accessing the transfer class. The new rider will then fill out their information and pay the transfer fee of $30.00. The transfer is complete when they receive a confirmation receipt.
Unfortunately, it is becoming more and more costly for us to produce our event. We continue to have riders that dispute their credit card charges and receive refunds while not following our no refund and duplicate registration policy.
Please note, if you cannot adhere to the rules of the event and the road, we ask that you do not register for our event.
There will be NO REFUNDS under any circumstances, including, without limitation failure to participate in the Tour of the California Alps–Death Ride® event for any reason, or the cancellation or rerouting of the Tour of the California Alps-Death Ride® event due to reasons beyond the control of the producers of the Tour of the California Alps–Death Ride®. Some of our costs such as food, water, equipment and event permit fees occur months before the event and will be paid by the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce regardless if you show up or not.
Duplicate registrations will be cancelled. Registration fees ARE NOT refundable. Please register carefully. If you are a Senior or Junior, please make that notation to avoid a duplicate registration and subject to cancellation.
Helpful Facts for Registration Process:
- imATHLETE Registration Link
- Once the maximum number of riders have processed online payment and all slots have been sold, then you will see an official notification that registration is “SOLD OUT”.
- VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover will be the only form of online payment accepted.
- Declined credit cards could decrease your chances for a confirmed spot. You will not be considered registered until your payment has been processed. Wait for the payment confirmed page, this may take a few minutes. Do not register again, this will be considered a duplicate and subject to cancellation and no refund. Check your credit card billing statement. This is your confirmation that your registration has been accepted.
- Any duplicates found in the system will be cancelled and a refund will not be issued for any reason.
- Make sure that your email address will accept the confirmation email from imATHLETE. Spam filter and bulk mail filters have caused problems in the past with registration.
- If someone else registers on your behalf you will receive an email confirmation with a private link to allow you to officially sign the event waiver online. Failure to sign the online waiver will result in cancellation of your entry. In addition, ALL riders are required to provide ID and sign the waiver(s) at event check-in (see Registered Riders below).
- If you register on behalf of someone else then you will need to provide the information listed below. To ensure their registration data is accurate, please gather this information prior to the registering: name, address, date of birth, emergency contact name, and phone number, email address and payment information.
- All riders 17 and under must be registered online by their legal parent or guardian. Minimum age requirement to participate in the event is 12 years of age.
At Check-In/Registration, you will receive your rider packet which will include bib/bike numbers, a commemorative Bone Brigade T-Shirt or complimentary beer coupone (restrictions will apply, no exchanges for a different size, please order carefully when you register and t-shirt will NOT be mailed if you are a no-show), custom Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® patch, a Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® waterbottle and a Tuf Map. Additional rider giveaways will be available for pick up at sponsor/vendor booths during the bike expo on Friday and Saturday. Bags are not provided for giveaway items, be sure to bring your own. To check in all riders MUST provide a Photo ID. Please come prepared with your ID. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Registered Out Of Country Riders & Tandem Riders:
Please come prepared with your photo ID for check in. Your bib/bike numbers will be available for pick up at Turtle Rock Park during the posted registration times. You will complete your registration/liability form at check-in. Registered rider must pick up their own rider packet. We will not give out packets to friends, family, spouses etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider. We will be verifying your birth date on your photo ID before your packet is released.
Registered Riders Event Check-In:
Friday, 07/10/20 (11:00am – 7:00pm)
Check-In/registration is at Turtle Rock Park located on Hwy 89, just 2 miles north of Markleeville. Staff will not be available for emails, faxes or phone calls after 07/01/20.
Event Limited Saturday Morning Check-In:
Saturday, 07/11/20 (4:00am – 6:00am)
We will not add new riders the day of the event.
Note to Riders:
Please do your part to keep this ride respectful, safe, and seamless, and present yourself at all times as though you are representing the entire biking community. The Tour of the California Alps – Death Ride® management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the entry fee, to refuse admission to or eject any person(s) whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly, rude, or inconsiderate, whose language is vulgar, or who fails to comply with the rules of the road or with other rules of the event. A violation of these rules by riders will result in removal from the event and any future events.