103 Miles • Ebbetts Pass, Monitor Pass, Pacific Grade • Over 14K' Vertical Climb
FRONTIER UPDATE 8-11-2021
1. Frontier estimates that they should have phone/internet service restored in the Markleeville area on Friday Aug. 20th assuming nothing goes wrong.
2. Outlying customers such as the East Fork Resort and Grover's State Park may not have service until the end of August.
3. Frontier has replaced 5,000 ft of fiber between Woodfords and Turtle Rock Park, and the remaining 15,000 ft of fiber to be installed should arrive tomorrow.
4. Crews will be working over the weekend and the new fiber should be installed by Monday.
5. The fiber splicing crews will then splice it all together next week.
6. If Frontier’s schedule changes significantly we will let you know.
For the current list of services, visit the Alpine County webpage >>
Aug. 2, 2021: The Tamarack Fire, started by lightening on July 4th, erupted on July 16th and began its way toward Markleeville. The areas of Grover's Hot Springs, Shay Creek, Marklee Village, Carson River Resort, Markleeville, Alpine Village, Woodfords, Crystal Springs, Blue Lakes Road, and Hung a lel ti were all placed under evacuation orders. In time, the southern end of the fire extended into Nevada, encroaching on homes and communities near Highway 395 south of Gardnerville, Nev.
An evacuation center was staged at the Douglas Co. Community Center in Gardnerville.
The fire event cancelled the 2021 Death Ride less than a day before the ride was to begin. At this time, it is not feasible to postpone the ride to later in the year. Riders who were registered, but unable to pick up their swag bags by the time the Expo was evacuated, can stop by the Alpine County Chamber of Commerce in Markleeville to pick it up, or send us an email to email@example.com to request your packet be mailed to the address on file.
Please keep space for us on your race calendars for 2022!
A donation page has been set up for those who wish to help with the evacuation and recovery efforts: https://gofund.me/636e074a
For those who prefer to get updates via phone, call the Alpine County Tamarack Fire hotline at (775) 434-8629.
• InciWeb: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7674/
• Facebook: Facebook.com/tamarackfireinfo/
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Area closure and fire restriction information from the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/htnf/home
Evacuation Information: http://www.alpinecountyca.gov/
Registration for the 2022 Death Ride - Tour of the California Alps opens on New Year's Eve with a very limited time introductory rate.